lunedì 21 novembre 2011

How to add Google as a search provider in ie9

Interesting… I was recently setting up a new PC, and then installed IE9.


So far, its all quite simple.


Then I get the usual annoying setup wizard, that asks all the questions designed to confuse a novice computer user (do you want to activate web slice, etc).


At the end, I expect to be taken to a web page, where I can select google as my default search engine… but google isn’t there!


So whats microsoft up to?


I quickly find many posts saying:


hey, its easy, just go to: tools -> manage add-ons -> search providers -> find more search providers


But the problem is that I’m taken to a microsoft page that gives me the following choices:

BingEbay AustraliaGrays Online

So where is google?


It turns out that microsoft believes that if you don’t live in the USA, then you don’t want to use google as a search provider…


But the solution is easy when you know how…


Just navigate to:


Google search provider in IE9


Then pick google on the left.


I wonder how long this page will remain available, before Microsoft decide to make it “disappear”?


 

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento